Clean Water Loans
Craft3 offers an affordable loan to cover the costs of designing, permitting, installing, and maintaining your septic system. You may also use the Clean Water Loan to connect to municipal sewer systems in selected areas.
Loan Features & Benefits
- Competitive rates
- Flexible qualification criteria
- Terms up to 15 years
- Fully amortizing and deferred payment options available, depending on income
- Up to $1,750 available for future repairs and maintenance
See Rates & Terms
See How it Works
Eligible property details:
Eligible geographic areas:
- Residential properties (need not be owner occupied)
- Commercial properties
- You must own the property. If not, please contact us to discuss your project - we will need the property owner to apply with you before the process is complete.
- The building must be a permanent structure connected to your existing septic system (not a fifth wheel, trailer, or RV).
Septic system criteria:
- Jefferson, Mason, Kitsap, Clallam and Pierce Counties
- Pacific Counties: select areas (please contact us for details)
- Vashon-Maury Island in King County: expanded drainage areas impacting Quartermaster Harbor. See a map of new eligible areas.
- One of the following must apply:
- The septic system must be at least 25 years old
- The system is failing and you have evidence to support it
- You have been contacted by Health Officials
- You are under orders to fix the septic system
How to Apply
- Residential Property Owners - Complete a secure loan application online, download an application or request a copy by mail.
- Commercial Property Owners - Rates and terms are determined on an individual basis for commercial properties. To find out what rate your commercial property is eligible for, please contact us at Info@Craft3.org.
We are available to discuss your needs and answer any questions. We hold your information in strict confidence. CleanWater@Craft3.org or (877)480-5765.
Clean Water Loan Impacts
Clean Water Loans help property owners invest in septic system upgrades that enable them to remain in their homes. Properly treated waste water reduces sources of disease and contamination in local waterways. By enabling borrowers to hire local septic professionals, the Clean Water Loan supports small businesses and creates jobs.
As of September 30, 2013, Craft3:
- Helped 409 property owners repair their failing septic systems;
- Made over $9 million in Clean Water Loans;
- Treated 49 million gallons of waste water; and
- Contributed to the improvement of local shellfish harvest areas.
In 2009, a Performance Assessment was conducted by an independent third-party research company. Check it out to learn about the outcomes of the Clean Water Loan and what our customers, designers, installers and pumpers say about us.